Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Maintenance

Yes that is me buried in the bowels of the boat
Not my major strength.   I blame my Dad.   His idea of fixing something broken was to hit it with a hammer.  Needless to say I, nor my brothers spent hours of our childhood tearing engines apart and rebuilding them.   Well that is too bad because that would be pretty helpful if you live on a boat.   Actually I let the professionals do that kind of work, but there are some other things that I can do.

These hoses I am removing are part of the raw water cooling system.  After 10 years these hoses are cracked and near the point of leaking.   Not good.   So out they come, and new ones go in place.  

I had the yard pull the boat out today so I could repaint parts of the bottom.  That took all morning.   It also let us drop the anchor down to the pavement so we could paint the anchor chain every 20 ft.  This is handy when we are anchoring.   It helps Shelley determine how much chain she has let out based on the depth of the water.  If I tell her we need 60 ft. of chain, well now she has her marks.  

Just another day of boat life.  Daddy would be proud.        Hmmmm   fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment