Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday April 9

Greetings from Brunswick Georgia. Other than Atlanta, I have not spent anytime in Georgia. So with nothing but our legs, we have been exploring this old southern town by walking as much as we can. Its really a pretty city, with huge oaks and hanging moss at every corner. There is a thriving downtown that they have obviously worked to keep vibrant. We only saw one store front empty. We found a very nice wine and beer shop (naturally) and the owner gave us the whole history of the city and the area. Brunswick is where they built the Liberty ships during WW II. There is also a monument in the park to the Confederate solders who gave their life during the Civil War.

We are eating up all the remaining food on the boat, drinking all the wine and beer, in preparation to leave Rock Chalk on Tuesday. We checked into flying home earlier, but American wants more than the original ticket to change it. So we are here and cleaning the boat, and my friend Joe would be so proud of all the little mechanical things I am fixing. Its a whole new side of me. Luckily nothing big has broken or I would be calling the local repair shop.

Not sure about this semi retirement thing. This is hard. I am keeping up with my email, and answering phone calls to clients, which is surprising how much you actually can keep in touch these days with technology. But for some reason I cannot get over the feeling I need to be at the office. All is good there, and Mike is doing a great job, but it is hard to change 33 years of being there. I know why my Dad stayed involved with his business until he couldn't anymore. I cannot just sit here on the boat with no trip to plan, and nothing more to clean or fix. Yikes!!!

Well, that is all from Brunswick. Rock Chalk is great and will be a perfect companion to do the Loop when we start next year. For now she will have to sit and be good while I work this last year, and try to adjust my attitude. Miss you all, Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment