Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy 27th Anniversary in Rainy S. Carolina
























It's raining in South Carolina. Not bad though. This is the first rain we have had in 19 days, so no complaints. Yesterday was our 27th anniversary and we spent it on the beach at Edisto Island, SC. Once again Shelley found an off the grid marina up a creek on the back side of Edisto. It was a short 3 block walk to the beach and we took our Jayhawk cooler on wheels (thanks Criag and Shana) and guess what we did? You got it Leo, we looked for sea shells. For those of you who have not met our grandson Leo, (age 7) he loves shells. He and Shelley looked at this encyclopedia size book, all on shells, just to get prepared for this trip.

It also occured to me that I really need our good friend Anne Carey on this boat as our resident scientist. I once asked Anne how the ocean worked and she knew!!
Anne was the person that also showed me how to read those star gazer books. I could never make the photos of stars in the book look anything like the real sky at night. Then Anne had me raise the book up over my head and compare the photo with the night sky and it suddenly all came into focus. Really she is a scientist, and there are so many things we are seeing on the ocean and I have so many questions.
I am making a list and will email you Anne. Be ready.

Its really raining now. Reminds me of those storms in the Caribbean when visibility drops to a few yards in front of the boat. We made it into Charleston Harbour just in time to get docked and all secured before this hit. The USS Yorktown is anchored across the way, plus Ft. Sumter, and all of Charleston are ours to explore over this next week. Can you believe it, we are staying one place for a week!! Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment